Oz Working Dogs - Assistance & Working Dog Equipment

For assistance/service dog equipment, as well as guide, therapy, detection, search & rescue, police and dogs in training equipment check out my website http://www.ozworkingdogs.com.au - I make and sell vests, capes, belly bands, harnesses, handles and more... and will post to the world!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Knightley's raw nose, Oz Working Dogs is live, a weekend away!

11 months 1 week 6 days old

Knightley at the dog park when he just started
going and made enemies with AJ. Wow, seeing him
there reminds me of how skinny and furless he was!
Now he is so bulky and is covered by a luxurious
mat of silky fur.
Poor Knightley got attacked at the dog park several days ago by a boxer who just doesn't like him. 'AJ' the boxer has disliked Knightley from when they met when Knightley started going to the dog park at 5 months of age. Now that Knightley is getting so very close to full sexual maturity, AJ dislikes him even more, as AJ is 'intact' as well. I think it was over access to the water which you can see in the photo - Knightley assumed it was his turn to drink and AJ went nasty on him. It was all over in a matter of seconds, and we thought Knightley had got away without a scratch - he was wagging his tail!! AJ's owner told us to check him over because last week AJ took a big chunk out of another dog's leg. Eeek. I felt him carefully but didn't see anything, then a minute later looked at him, and saw a bleeding gash on his nose. Poor puppy, although he didn't see to notice! It's healing well now though, I've just been keeping it clean (or trying to) with plain water.

Frankly I think dogs like that shouldn't come to dog parks, especially after repeated incidents - but what can you do?? Maybe they should be allowed to come, but in muzzles. I don't know.
The poor puppy back at our car with his nose gashed up!
Thankfully it was pretty minor but it could have been so
much worse. AJ is pure muscle. Click on the image to see
the poor pup's nose in more detail.

I am very bad for not having written for so long but I have been VERY busy getting http://www.ozworkingdogs.com.au set up and all working. In the time I haven't been doing that I've been sewing quite madly, and in the rest of the time I've been farewelling my old boss (booohooooo) and trying my best to stay healthy. Oz Working Dogs is completely open for business and I am able to mail worldwide. Please pass on the information that we are open for business. I am happy to make one of a kind items too - as long as they are not hideously complicated!                

Some of my new gear for sale on Oz Working Dogs, A) mobility
vest, B) belly band, C) basic small vest, D) patrol vest, E) summer
belly band, E) spine vest.
I went volunteering today and could barely keep my eyes open and am having real trouble now lol..... So I hope you can forgive the shorter post but it really has been hard for me to get to. Starting a small business means a lot of bits and pieces to do, and while the website isn't exactly vast, getting it working has been quite a battle. It's just so awesome to have it working, and a couple of days after going live I am waiting with baited breath for my first order!

My weight loss is going quite well - it continues to go down and that is what really matters. I watch babies a lot - I really can't help it - and I wonder if hubby and I can be successful . Who knows really, but we sure do have a few cards stacked against us. We'll do our best though and just see what happens... Knightley adores kids of all shapes and sizes so he would absolutely love having one around slightly more!

So I'll try to write a more newsy entry soon, but this will have to do you for now. Rest assured we are both alive and kicking just *busy* and very very tired at the end of every day. Thankfully hubby, Knightley and I are going down to the New South Wales south coast this weekend for a short break (only three hours drive), and I absolutely can't wait. I haven't got away since we picked up Knightley 10 months ago. It's to a wonderful working beef farm, right next to the coast, which is pet friendly (with four border collies apparently), and several dog friendly beaches nearby. Hubby and I went there not far into his first trip to Australia, and it has the clearest blue water you have ever seen. We kayaked on the bay and out towards the ocean. That was before I was unwell though, obviously. It will be nice to be back, although this time we are staying about 8 minutes outside the town. Knightley is going to have a ball - I'll try to get a bunch of photos. I need this weekend so very badly.... I'm just about running on empty at the moment! It will be good to give him some experience focussing in a place he has literally never had the ca

Take care internet world - until next time!

16 comments:

  1. I leave a response whenever I especially enjoy a article on a blog or I have something
    to add to the conversation. Usually it is a result of the fire displayed in the post I read.

    And after this post "Knightley's raw nose, Oz Working Dogs is live, a weekend away!".
    I was actually moved enough to drop a thought ;-) I actually do have
    a couple of questions for you if it's okay. Is it only me or does it look like some of the responses appear like written by brain dead visitors? :-P And, if you are posting at other sites, I'd like to follow everything
    fresh you have to post. Could you make a list the complete urls of your
    community pages like your linkedin profile, Facebook page
    or twitter feed?

    Review my homepage: free puppies massachusetts ()

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there friends, fastidious piece of writing and pleasant
    urging commented here, I am genuinely enjoying by these.


    Here is my web site - buy and sell dog []

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for pets to buy online

    Also visit my web-site; dogs for sale that are free

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really delighted to read this web site posts which contains plenty of valuable information,
    thanks for providing these kinds of information.

    My blog :: Puppy Classifieds Nj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there mates, its impressive post on the topic of teachingand fully defined, keep it up
    all the time.

    Feel free to visit my weblog - pets for sale in ga []

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read this paragraph completely regarding the resemblance
    of most up-to-date and earlier technologies, it's awesome article.

    My web blog :: puppies for adoption for free

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like what you guys tend to be up too. Such clever
    work and reporting! Keep up the very good works guys I've included you guys to my personal blogroll.

    Visit my page ... where to buy pets ()

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! Someone in my Myspace group shared this website with us so I
    came to look it over. I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm book-marking and will be tweeting this to my
    followers! Terrific blog and superb design.

    Here is my webpage ... how to buy a dog online

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's appropriate time to make a few plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I want to recommend you some attention-grabbing issues or tips. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I wish to read more things about it!

    Here is my website - where to find puppies for free *http://wiki.sleuthkit.org/*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello there! Do you know if they make any plugins to help with
    SEO? I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing
    very good gains. If you know of any please share. Appreciate it!


    Also visit my website :: pet adoption for free ()

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The text in your post seem
    to be running off the screen in Ie. I'm not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with internet browser compatibility but I figured I'd post to let you know.

    The layout look great though! Hope you get the problem solved
    soon. Cheers

    Review my web site - pets for sale in massachusetts

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahaa, its good discussion on the topic of this post at this place at this webpage, I have read all that, so at this time me also commenting here.



    Have a look at my website ... Dog For Sell - Geckotopsites.Com -

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this is among the most vital info for me. And i am glad reading your article.
    But wanna remark on some general things, The site style is ideal, the articles is really great : D.
    Good job, cheers

    Feel free to surf to my web site; pets sales (http://wallinside.com)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome site you have here but I was wondering if you knew of any discussion boards that cover the same
    topics discussed in this article? I'd really love to be a part of community where I can get responses from other knowledgeable individuals that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Cheers!

    Feel free to surf to my blog buy and sell pets

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's going to be end of mine day, except before finish I am reading this fantastic post to improve my knowledge.

    my weblog :: adopt a puppy near you (https://etud.insa-toulouse.fr/~bcantais/wiki/index.php?title=Utilisateur:TyroneBru)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Undeniably believe that which you said. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the net the simplest thing
    to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get irked while people think
    about worries that they just don't know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people can take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

    My site: buy cats online

    ReplyDelete