Oz Working Dogs - Assistance & Working Dog Equipment

For assistance/service dog equipment, as well as guide, therapy, detection, search & rescue, police and dogs in training equipment check out my website http://www.ozworkingdogs.com.au - I make and sell vests, capes, belly bands, harnesses, handles and more... and will post to the world!

Monday, June 13, 2011

Not the usual place, but worried

So this is not the usual place to worry about this type of thing, but I don't want to load it onto anyone else at the moment, so you're going to have to cop it. Recently, whilst on the very looong flight to the UK to get married I got two DVTs in my calf. This was the second instance of clots in the last year or thereabouts, so it seems I am going to be on warfarin for life (although I am thinking about seeing a specialist about it). It also may be being caused by my autoimmune condition - I should soon find out from some blood tests done about a week ago. However, the calf in which the clots were last time is pretty sore. No way near as sore as last time but sorer than it should be, sorer than my first clot. I don't know what to do. -.- I did tell my husband that it was sore, but really only in passing. I can't decide whether it needs to be checked out with an ultrasound, whether I need to go to the hospital or what. I am on warfarin as I said, and my INR (how thin or sticky my blood is) was tested just a couple of days ago and it's really good. I've also been wearing compression stockings quite a bit recently, although not all daylight hours every day as before, as my GP doesn't think I need to wear them quite as much now it's nearly two months after the last clots and my INR is excellent at the moment. Having said that, the UK clot people thought I should wear them for TWO YEARS (I nearly died in shock when they told me that) so I don't know what to think. Maybe I have caused a clot by not continuing to wear my stockings full time???? If anyone is out there, what should I do? :(

Briefly on the dog topic, no reply from email to latest breeder.... getting impatient! They should be at my beck and call damnit. I am either going to have to start lowing my hip score standards, or go further afield for my breeders, sigh, there could be some long drives to choose and pick up puppies.

No comments:

Post a Comment