Oz Working Dogs - Assistance & Working Dog Equipment

For assistance/service dog equipment, as well as guide, therapy, detection, search & rescue, police and dogs in training equipment check out my website http://www.ozworkingdogs.com.au - I make and sell vests, capes, belly bands, harnesses, handles and more... and will post to the world!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Worried about Knightley

5 months 1 week 6 days old

So I was woken this morning by loud whining from Knightley, and as he has never done that before, I quickly came to the conclusion that it was his stomach playing up. The poor baby just about ran outside and had some bad diarrhea. I am starting to get quite worried now. The chicken and rice diet hasn't helped. SIGH. So, I started him back on kibble for his breakfast this morning - and nothing but kibble, no special treats or anything. However, we haven't had a good beginning, as after I fed him about half of the breakfast (keeping the other half to use for training throughout the day), I hear whining again, so out we go again... and yes, more diarrhea. My poor baby.

I think it may be getting close to vet time now. He is definitely not his normal 'wreak havoc on the world' self, is just lying on the couch watching me now. It's times like this that you realise in 3.5 months how much you can become attached to an animal. He's not even really an animal, more like a doggy person. For those people who think animals don't feel, they should watch me doing a shaping session with Knightley. He goes through a huge variety of emotions. I don't like it when my emotional doggy person isn't well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment